Vantage Masters (ヴァンテージマスターズ Vuaantēji Masutāzu) is a new minigame introduced in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III.
How to Play
Each player has their own card deck of choice to battle other players and the game is won by reducing the enemy's "Master Card"'s HP to 0.
- Choose a deck to battle with (All decks are limited to ## cards).
- Flip a coin to see who goes first.
- Every turn, the player recovers Mana (points). During that phase, the player can summon Natiel Cards from your hand, activate Magic Cards and attack the enemy's cards.
Obtaining a starter deck in the beginning, it can become stronger by gaining new cards from opponents.
- Master Card: The player’s “Master” card, placed on the field at the beginning.
- Natial Card: By summoning these cards to the field, you can attack your opponent. Each card has its merits based on its attribute (Earth, Water, Fire, or Heaven), along with special abilities and those that can attack cards in the back row.
- Magic Card: By consuming Mana, they can cause various effects on the field.
- This card game succeeds the previous Blade (minigame) from the previous two installments.
- The game parallels the modern reality of collectible trading card games.
- According to Falcom's president Toshihiro Kondo, the game is previously based from one of Falcom's game franchises "Vantage Master" from 1997.